[Solved] Question about Adomoc Notation

Home Forums Adomoc Player Forum Adomoc Game Theory & Strategy [Solved] Question about Adomoc Notation

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joshua Chalifour 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

FIrst post! I have a question about the Adomoc Notation.

The move:
    On the 82nd turn, Player 1 moved a light prime foot from i7 to i8, Player 2 forfeited the game.

Possible notation #1:
    82. F^i7i8 _
    Player 2’s move is “_” (forfeiting the game.)

Possible notation #2:
    82. F^i7i8_
    Player 1’s move caused Player 2 to forfeit the game, therefore it should be included in Player 1’s move.

Although this is just a simple space, it’s about the completeness of the notation. I hope this can be clarified. (Or in case I am just being stupid, please correct me.)

Joshua Chalifour

Sakuya Lv9, thanks for the query. You make a good point. I think that including the space (like you did in your first example) would be useful because it indicates, without a doubt, that Player2 has forfeited the game. The intention (though it seems it wasn’t phrased as clearly as it could be in the instructions) was that the “_” would correspond to whichever player forfeited (so would appear in that player’s spot in the notation).

As this site is relatively new, more and more people can offer their perspectives and thus clarify these things or help some conventions evolve.

I’m going to update the instructions to reflect your point. Thanks again!

-JoshSakuya Lv9, thanks for the query. You make a good point. I think that including the space (like you did in your first example) would be useful because it indicates, without a doubt, that Player2 has forfeited the game.

As this site is relatively new, more and more people can offer their perspectives and thus clarify these things or help some conventions evolve.

I’m going to update the instructions to reflect your point.

-Josh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.